Sunday, March 15, 2009

Genesis

At the Churchwide Planning Retreat last Saturday I was urged to begin a weblog. Here it is.

I don't know what I will be writing about, but, a wise person suggested I keep this updated every other week to keep it fresh. That sounds like sound advice to me.

There are a lot of things going on at Providence Christian Church. "Transformation" is high on our list. Transformation takes work and energy and passion and focus and people who are willing to risk failure in order to serve God with heart. We must passionately want to bring real change to the lives of the people who enter our church. If the Gospel only promises eternal life but does little to change current life it rings hollow. Transformed people embody the Gospel.

Let this Blog be a place where we stay in touch. I ask you to make comments; suggest topics; give me prayer lists; suggest prospective members; do what you can for the building up of the Body of Christ.

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment