Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Learn Today

Learn something today. For goodness' sake; learn something.

I am not sure what there is around the corner. I don't plan very well. But, I do know that I am headed around that corner and I believe that it's not what happens to us that matters so much, it's what we do when it happens; how we respond.

So, it just seems really important that we learn something every day.

This week I learned, thanks to two sage-like colleagues, that boundaries are important in ministry. Leadership can't be accomplished in the midst of anxiety so you can't enter into the anxiety of the moment. You can't react. You have to respond and the way you respond speaks to your ability to lead.

So, I stepped back a step this week; reminded myself that ministry is a profession not a friendship with everyone. And I felt better about me, and I think I started to do a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment