Thursday, December 13, 2018

Trying Too Hard

December 13, 2018

I try too hard to get along with everyone, to be well-liked, to get past conflict. Sometimes when I try too hard to get along the center of me becomes too fluid, weak, and loses its influence. This is a personality flaw that I carry with me; have carried with me for a very long time. Most of the time it doesn't cause too much grief, but sometimes it does cause a problem.

 One of the main reasons I chose ministry as a profession was that in Christ, and in the encouragement of the Church, I found self-worth. I came to believe that I was indeed a child of God, equal to any other on the planet in God's eyes. What I found I wanted others to find as well. God loves us all. I believe that. God values us all. I believe that, too. In Christ, there is not one thing that can separate us from the love of God. I deeply believe that.

Those beliefs give me a core from which I can begin to feel better about me, and yet, I sometimes try too hard to get along, to be liked, to please. I wish I had moved past it by my age, and I am better than I once was, but I still have a ways to go.

I can assure you, dear reader, of this. I will encourage, aid, come alongside, and pray for you. Because God has been gracious to me I enjoy every opportunity to make a difference in the way you see yourself and believe in yourself -- because, believe me, God sees you as valuable, and God believes in you enough to invest a life in you.

Thanks for listening.

Peace be with you,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment