Monday, July 26, 2010

The 30 Day Sabbatical Experiment

We (Dallas, Ryan Pendleton, and I) have made it to the Hampton Inn in St. Robert, MO. The boys are asleep as I post pictures and write this. It has been a long, long day.

We got started on the trip about 1:25 this afternoon and pulled into the Gateway Arch Parking Garage at just about 6 PM Central time. While we were getting Ryan's camera out of the trunk I sliced my middle finger right hand wide open on the underside of the trunk. It bled immediately and a pretty good amount. I pinched hard and got it stopped but I am typing with a handicap. It hurts.

The trip up the Gateway Arch in StL was as good as it has ever been. The Mississippi River is out of its banks, above the walkways and into the street below the arch. Dallas stood in the river which we thought was great fun.

So, it's publish this, try to sleep and get on the road around 7:30 tomorrow morning. We are hoping to make the panhandle of TX by tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment