Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I Did This Summer, Part I

This summer I did what I have done every year for the past few -- I chaperoned our church youth group on a brief but meaningful mission trip. We went to Cincinnati this summer for the trip and we worked with a wonderful organization called Matthew 25 Ministries. They treated us very well and we filled up several gaylords of goods and products to be shipped where there is need. I don't usually go head over heels for organizations with which we work, but, this one was tempting.

We went to Newport on the Levee and had a nice dinner on the balcony. We watched a Cincinnati Reds game that was a lot of fun. We spent a whole entire good day at King's Island riding every roller coaster they rolled out. It was a LONG day.

Then there was Vacation Bible School that went very well. It too was mission oriented. We invited guest speakers in and we looked at the mission field in our neighborhood, our city, state, country and around the world. The kids seemed to be having a good time and the content this year was outstanding.

After that it was on to the summer camp management job that I work for Christian Church in KY. Each week I would meet counselors, directors and campers at Camp WakonDaHo, invite them to fun and spiritual growth and shoot a couple hundred pictures of these children and teenagers having an unabashed good time. Camp WakonDaHo is so much more than a place.

And that was June.

No comments:

Post a Comment