Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Lent 2018 — Gratitude Diary, Day 21

Today I am grateful for the people who have offered me grace and forgiveness when I done messed up.

They say that to err is human and to forgive is divine. I may be the most human person I know because I mess up all the time. All the time. And my friends keep forgiving me and encouraging me along the way to be better and do better. If it wasn’t for the grace they have offered, my life would be dismal.

I am grateful for the grace they offer me.

And so, I try to offer grace to others. I try not to stand apart in judgment because if anyone deserves judgment it would be me. I try to offer grace and understanding because I am so grateful for the grace and understanding afforded me.

Likewise, I am grateful that even though God has judged me as a lover of darkness, nonetheless, God sent the Light that I might see; might find a new and enlightened way; might be free. That we might all be lovers of light.

I am so grateful for grace and forgiveness. I hope and pray that I am filled with grace and forgiveness myself.

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment