Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Sabbatical -- Day 2, Travelogue

This morning I left Lexington for Little Rock, AR slightly after 7:30am. I drove to Nashville and then across I-40 to Little Rock. I arrived at the hotel about 4:15pm.

I am lodging in an untried hotel chain tonight. Normally when our family travels we stay at Hampton Inns whenever possible. This time a Hilton property popped up in my search I hadn't heard of before. It's called Tru by Hilton. Here's a link to the hotel in here in Little Rock. Tru by Hilton, W Little Rock

It's a hipster, millennial, funky kind of place. The rooms are a bit smallish, which is ok. The bed is enormous and so is the television (55"). It's decorated with an interesting color palette. So far, so good.

I went down the street to a place called Dave's Burgers for dinner, having researched local hamburger places. It was good. The patties start as a ball and are flattened with a press. The fries were good. It's very much like a Five Guys.

Back in the hotel for the night. Thinking about Lisa and Meredith and my hurting church back home. Another day of travel tomorrow as I head to Sachse, Texas. Never heard of it? Here's a link to the Wikipedia site for Sachse, Texas

Prayers for safe travels appreciated. I navigated around or through three major accidents on the interstates today.

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment