Friday, June 29, 2018

Sabbatical Day 4 -- Feel the Heat

Day two in Texas. Hot. It reached 99 today. The steering wheel of the Mustang seared a pattern in the palms of my hands. Ok, that was an exaggeration but the thing was hot.

We ate breakfast in the hotel lobby this morning. We are at a Homewood Suites in Plano. There was a very elderly couple at breakfast. The wife used a walker and moved very slowly. The husband helped her every step. He got her into her chair then he went to get her breakfast. I offered to help but he said, "I think I've got this." And he did. He brought her a plate. Then he got his. She waited to eat until he was seated. It was a pleasure to witness their unity. It made me think of my parents and their health struggles and I just wanted to help. But he was right. He had it. It made me smile.

Wedding rehearsal at Cross Creek Ranch this morning. It was about 88 at rehearsal time. Thank goodness for that breeze from the south. Rehearsal was fun and goofy. Rehearsal Luncheon was at Cristina's Mexican Kitchen in Murphy -- and it was very good.

We retired for a while to the hotel room and cranked the a/c.

All during the day I have been trying to get my iPad to update its iOS, but it has been stuck. I intend to use the iPad for the wedding, but it may have other plans. Tonight I finally got it to go into DFU mode so I can basically wipe it and restore it. I hope it works. I would really like to use the iPad for the wedding.

Dinner was at the hotel with much of the families and wedding party. I ate nothing. Lunch carried me. I did take a bottle of Russell's Reserve 10 year to share with everyone. There was joy and laughter and Laura and Josh looked very happy and pleased.

The wedding it at 11am tomorrow. Hoping the bees stay away and that the sun doesn't melt me in my pulpit robe. Yes. I am wearing a robe at an outdoor wedding in Texas on June 30. I am not the brightest bulb.

Thinking about Chris Griffith and Trellie Padgett who will get married in Lexington tomorrow. What an amazing couple they are. Thinking about Lisa and Meredith and how grateful I am for Betty Jane and Lynn and Anne and Becky and Sarah Muncie and the way they are looking out for Lisa and Meredith.

This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment