Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Lent 2018 -- Gratitude Diary, Day 15

Today I emailed in my final paper to complete my work on the Doctor of Ministry degree. It's 147 printed pages, but in reality it's 6 years of pages. It still has to pass the formatting police, but for all intents and purposes it's done.

So today my Gratitude Diary is going to be a list of people who have helped me along the way to the completion of this degree. It's gonna be a long, long, long and maybe a boring list. If you've been keeping up with this Gratitude Diary and haven't gotten bored yet, today may be the day. However, I can't, on this day, go without expressing gratitude to those who have helped me. And if I leave you out, remember, I am getting old and my memory is fading. Don't take it as disrespect.

Linda Ford -- Admissions and Recruitment at Phillips Theological Seminary
Dr. Nancy Pittman -- Dean, Phillips Theological Seminary
Professors -- Dr. Richard Ward (Homiletics, and my Adviser), Dr. Dennis Smith, Dr. Brandon Scott, Dr. Joe Bessler.
DMin Director -- Dr. Kathy McCallie
Facilities and Room Reservations -- Gina Robertson
Clasmates -- Dr. Sonja Tobey, Rev. Taud Boatman, Rev. Wambugu Gachungi


Cathy and Charlie Daniels
Michael Davison
Dr. Lisa Davison
Dr. Wes Allen
Dr. Jerry Sumney
Dr. Adam Harmon

First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Winchester, KY. They have supported me unconditionally, helped pay tuition and have encouraged me like crazy people. I am a fortunate pastor. There'a s lot of individual people in the church who have been especially helpful. I noticed,. I am grateful.

Kelly Johns, my spouse
Dallas Johns, Preacher's Kid
Couldn't have done any of this without Kelly and Dallas helping me and supporting me.

Mom and Dad
Richard and Karen, my brother and sister in law
Melissa, my sister
Melanie, my sister

The Hampton Inn, Lebanon, MO

Jennifer Melton. She's my friend, sailing camp co-conspirator, but biggest of all she's been my Editor for six years. She knows how to crack a whip. She fixes my flubs.

I am sure I left some people out. I am sorry for my omissions. I am grateful to every one of you.

Peace and Love,
Jerry


No comments:

Post a Comment