Sunday, February 18, 2018

Lent 2018 -- Gratitude Diary, Day 5


These kids.

These wonderful, amazing kids.

I am grateful that their parents send them to church. I am grateful that I get to work alongside them. I am grateful for their faith. I am grateful for the trust they place in me. I am grateful for these kids.

Since I was called to be the Assistant Pastor of St. Stephen United Methodist Church in Arlington, TX in 1983 I have worked with youth and children in some capacity. I have been an Associate for Youth and Children, and as a Senior Pastor I have continued to work with the youth along the way. Besides St. Stephen I have worked with children and youth from First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Richmond, KY; Arlington Christian Church in Lexington, KY; Providence Christian Church in Jessamine Co. KY, and now at First Christian Church in Winchester, KY. These young people  are a source of joy for me. They are so important to me. I am grateful for them.

These kids. I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment