Friday, August 31, 2018

Post Sabbatical -- Return of the Jerry

August 30

I made a return to the office this morning. Got here just past 7:30am and waded through a mound of mail after making coffee. I made several pastoral phone calls and got right back into it.

About 8:45 my Thursday coffee buddy showed up, then another and another.

Lunch was with the Friendship Bunch to Pilot View Mini Mart. Lee drove the church bus and I rode in the back with the church ladies. That was a good decision. Lunch was great. Pilot View Mini Mart is awesome. The ladies are great. The food is always outstanding. The value is high. You also get to listen to the gossip of the western Clark County farmers -- which can be entertaining.




At the end of the day I made my first Emergency Room visit of my return. One of the church members fell and needed to be checked out.

In the evening I was the PA announcer for Lexington Catholic Boys Soccer, again. Coach Kincheloe emailed me earlier in the week and asked if I would do it again this year. I can't say no, even after the fiasco/near brawl/debacle that was the Dunbar pre-state game last fall.

I won't continue to write this blog every day post-sabbatical. I wrote during the sabbatical to partially fulfill the requirements of the sabbatical. However, having said that, this blogging has opened up something in me that I don't want to close down -- so I am going to continue writing.

I will come up with a plan and try to post once a week on the same day of each week. You may not continue to be interested or really have the time to look at these pages, and that's ok. This has been good for me. It has been a spiritual discipline, in fact. I intend to keep at it for the benefits it is bringing my spirit. If, upon reading these posts, the blog benefits you as well, then I couldn't be more happy.

I would appreciate your prayers as I try to make my way back into the congregation at FCC. A lot has been going on in the church while I have been away. Rather than being static they have made some very dynamic moves that I have not been apprised of yet. How and where I fit back into the congregation remains to be worked out. So, please remember me in your prayers as changes are revealed and a new way of being Senior Minister unfolds before me and within me.

The peace of Christ be with you.

Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment