Saturday, August 18, 2018

Sabbatical -- Days 52 and 53: Clean Clothes, Clean Boat

August 16, 17

Thursday was laundry and dishes day. I stayed around the house practically the whole day, except to pick up prescriptions and buy a pound of coffee. I bought Bluegrass Breakfast coffee this time. It's one of the less expensive blends at Lexington Coffee and Tea and Coffee Times Coffee House so it's kind of a go-to for me.

I did multiple loads of laundry and washed dishes.

Friday I got up and started cleaning the boat. I had made a date with Rich and Rachele Holmes to sail this coming weekend, but by Friday afternoon we had decided the weather was not in our favor. That didn't keep me from washing the interior of the boat and pressure washing the outside of the boat, hooking it up to the Tahoe and getting it ready to go.

Instead, I will head to the lake on Sunday where Jeff and Jennifer Melton will help me get her launched and sail her. Hope the weather holds for us.

I spent about two hours on Friday afternoon looking at DNA results on 23andMe and also on GEDMatch. I had noticed this week that my ancestry background percentages had changed quite a bit, so I went looking for some answers. 23andMe says they applied an updated algorithm and consequently not only did my percentages change, but my paternal haplogroup was narrowed. I am intrigued by stories of people connecting to their relatives. There is little known about my father's paternal genealogy. I would like to know more, but, I am cautious because I don't want to be someone's surprise.

Friday night was spent at the usual place with the usual folk. Afterwards we went to Winchell's to meet Forrest and Kim Molloy and their son, William. They moved their daughter Margaret into the dorm at UK this morning, and it was a long day for them, and we joined them to talk about it a bit while they ate a late dinner.

During dinner William gave up that Margaret has always referred to me as Scary Jerry. Yep. Me. I cannot even imagine. I don't think I have ever scared anyone in my life. Oh well, that has changed over the years and I hope Margaret finds UK to her liking and is a great success.

I am having a difficult time getting myself around to starting a new book. I have two left to read before sabbatical ends and I am just not feeling a motivation to get on them. Perhaps that will change this weekend. At least the clothes and the boat are clean. Yay me.

Peace and Love,
Jerry


No comments:

Post a Comment