Sunday, August 5, 2018

Sabbatical — Day 40: Caffeine and Gasoline

August 4

I got up early to finish cleaning the Mustang in preparation for Lexington Cars and Coffee. I got it pretty clean but not show clean. Clean enough for Cars and Coffee.

By 8:55am when I arrived the lot was already filling up. I located a cluster of Mustangs and parked. I pulled out my chair, set it up and began to sweat. It was a hot morning. The Mustangs I parked with were part of the Central KY Mustang Association. They started a club about a year ago because of discontent with the club I belong to, the Bluegrass Mustang Club. I don’t much care for club rivalries. I just wanted to park with Mustangs.

It surprises me at some level but people are interested in my car. It’s a very handsome 2013 Mustang Gt with an unusual interior and wheels combination.  I stayed until 11am and headed home sweatier than I expected.

Here’s some photos from the day.
Aerial Atom. Basically a street legal racecar.









My car in a line of Mustangs.

There was very little else to the day.

I have really enjoyed some alone time during this sabbatical and perhaps my preference is recharging without people around. I’m not sure. I test as an extrovert but I like the quiet. So, it was good that I got up out of the bed and went to the show by myself. Kelly is away. I mostly sat. Didn’t walk around much. I saw a couple of people I knew but for the most part I didn’t talk to people too much. Just watched people.

However, I did talk to the guy who started the CKYMA because he was dissatisfied with the BMC. He complained again about the BMC and it’s people. I listened politely but against the backdrop of a certain famous person’s tweets about a famous athlete being dumb, I just think I’d like to keep my thoughts which are critical of others or other groups mostly to myself. I try not to insult anyone, ever. I try not to feel superior or arrogant. I want to live peaceably inasmuch as that is possible. I don’t always achieve these goals, but I am going to keep trying. Putting down others is a poor way to exalt one’s self.

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment