Saturday, August 4, 2018

Sabbatical — Day 39: It’s A Quiet Day in Lake Woebegone

August 3

I changed the oil on my neighbor’s zero turn mower today. Mine is in the shop. It has been for theee weeks. The neighbor graciously allowed my brother in law to mow with hers while we were away. As a thank you, I changed the oil on her zero turn. 

I noticed when I went to our barn that the sliding door is falling apart. Rapidly. Rebuilding that door is pretty serious work and requires at least two people working together. Not sure what to do about it. 

Had to pull my 1952 Ford 8N out of the barn to make a workspace and she fired right up. It’s such a handy thing to have that tractor in the barn. I don’t use it a lot, but when I need it it’s good to have it. I have a carry-all on the back of it which is quite useful for brush. With all the trees on the property there is always brush to pick up. I also have a blade for the tractor which is great for moving snow off of the driveway. 

I took Dallas to dinner at Malone’s. Got the Mustang washed to get ready for Cars and Coffee on Saturday and called it a night. 

Peace and Love,
Jerry 

No comments:

Post a Comment