Friday, July 20, 2018

Sabbatical -- Day 22; No Mow

July 19
Took the mower to Central Equipment this morning. Looking around at their repair queue I would guess they've got more than 200 mowers ready to be serviced. A week to ten days before diagnosis, and maybe a week for repair after. Hmmm. There will be no mo mowing for a few days. Sorry neighbors.

Continued reading the Sermon Without End. Finished listening to the podcast from Hidden Brain. Put a piece of furniture together for Dallas' move. Spent some time in the hammock fighting off evening mosquitoes.

I wish I had read Sermon Without End a couple years ago. There are some parts of it that I think would have helped my doctoral project be a little better. I am hoping that the reading and the podcasts are opening my mind to new thoughts and ideas about preaching and conversation.

I also spent some time watching the British Open and paying attention online to Brittany Lincicome at the Barbasol Championship at Champions at Keene Trace here in central KY. I had high hopes she might make the cut, but after a round of 78 it would be near impossible for her to be playing on Saturday.

In tomorrow's post I intend to focus a bit more on what I am reading about Conversation and preaching.

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment