Monday, July 2, 2018

Sabbatical -- Day 6, DFW - LEX

Sunday morning we got up and repacked everything. I would be leaving the Mustang at Terminal B Parking at DFW and I had to redo everything for the trip home. Once we were repacked we headed to Charlie and Cathy's house then on to downtown Wylie for brunch at A Taste of Home.


We had a very fine brunch. I chose the Southwest Burrito, which was 3 scrambled eggs, pico de gallo, jalapenos, three strips of bacon, in a jalapeno cheddar tortilla with breakfast potatoes. Yep. Too much food. 

We said goodbye to Charlie and Cathy at the restaurant and made our way to DFW. I pretty quickly found a suitable parking space for the Mustang. We breezed through security and had two hours to kill at the gate. While sitting there I couldn't help but reflect on how much I enjoyed going to DFW when I was 22-25 years old and living in Fort Worth. On Sunday, the whole trip felt like an ordeal to survive. I was tired when we got to the gate at 1:45pm.

We arrived safely in Lexington at 6:55pm, picked up our bags at baggage claim and waited for our friend, Joy, to arrive and take us home. We got to the house about 7:30 and we both about crashed hard. Ordered pizza. Barely moved. Monday was going to be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment