Thursday, July 5, 2018

Sabbatical Suspended -- Day 2

The not-so-very-good-day. Graham's Memorial Service Day.

I was totally unprepared for his departure. I have been an ordained minister for 33+ years and I have seen lots of church members transition from this life to the next. Graham's passing caught me by surprise. I didn't see it coming.

My grateful thanks to Lee Puckett, Lynn Roberts and the Kitchen Ministry Crew, Sarah Glenn, Blanton Coates and Len Midden. The day was an exceptional celebration of Graham. The luncheon was a great opportunity to share Grahambo stories -- and there are many.

One person will never fill his shoes in the church and the community. It will take the community to pull together and share some of the wonderful deeds he had done and was doing.

I got to see my church people. It was good and it was helpful. I got to see Lee on her birthday which was also good and helpful.

Later in the day Kelly shamed me into going to the Patriotic Concert at Transylvania. I heard Shawna Mitchell in the back of my head saying, "now that you're starting sabbatical over again, do something else you have not done before." The Patriotic Concert fit the bill.


Tried to get to bed early but didn't succeed too well. Long day coming on Wednesday,

Peace and Love,
Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment